Twenty years ago, if you told me I’d be writing a blog article from a mobile phone that takes pictures, videos, sends email and browses something called the world wide web, I would have given you a puzzled look. Fast forward to the present and our office is paperless, digital everything (including x-rays, 3D tooth movement simulation, and everything it takes to run the practice). Obviously, I’ve seen a few Apps in my day that make life easier and some that just take up space on your phone until the eventual upgrade or “spring cleaning” when they get wiped away and forgotten forever.
Here are Five Apps for the iPhone that have not been forgotten. I use them daily :
1) DropBox – view photos, videos, documents and presentations on the go. This application syncs multiple devices (phone, laptop, home computer)so you always have your files wherever you go. Free account starts with 2GB.
2) Evernote – this is the to-do-list for the 21st century. Keep notes, voice memos, snippets of information, snapshots, ideas and to-do lists synced with all of your devices and other employees in your office. We use this on a daily basis to help manage our business.
3) Dragon Dictation – quit typing long reminders or emails, simply talk and this app will dictate your words into text to be easily shared via email, Twitter, Facebook or text message.
4) LocalEats – at your next out-of-town meeting, instead of eating at the hotel or a national chain, why not try something that all of the locals love? This app finds the most-amazing restaurants with local reviews, menus, directions and even a link for reservations.
5) USAA – financial services. If you’re a USAA member, this app is one of the best I’ve seen for managing your finances, insurance, home owners or auto policies. USAA has amazing customer service and they just keep raising the bar with this amazing App!