When Should Your Child See the Orthodontist?
Trying to Decide Whether Your Child Needs Braces & Orthodontics Treatment?
The following early warning signs usually indicate that your child should see a Kansas City orthodontist and have an orthodontic exam:
- Early or late loss of teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Finger sucking or other oral habits
- Crowding, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or retrude
- Speech difficulty
- Biting the cheek or into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all
- Facial imbalance
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it’s time to make an appointment for an initial exam. The American Association of Orthodontists has recommended that the proper age for a child’s first visit to the orthodontist is no later than seven years of age. Burleson Orthodontics of Kansas City, MO, strongly encourages this practice.
We invite you to download our Free Report: Orthodontic Problems To Watch For In 7-Year-Olds.
CLAIM YOUR COPY OF DR. BURLESON’S BEST-SELLING BOOK
Claim your copy of Dr. Burleson’s best-selling book “Don’t Ask Them to Hide Their Smile: The Parent’s Guide to the New Orthodontics” before choosing your family’s Kansas City, MO orthodontist.